Welcome to the end of the year. I can’t believe it is here. With 10 days left, I began to think about some of the books that I have read this year and how they have impacted me. Listed below is my top 5. Browse through and see any of these books pique your interest. I hope they do!
- The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe – This book is about a mother/son book club that leaves a memory and bond of a lifetime.
- The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert – This novel, written like a classic, this novel tells the life story of a wealthy daughter of a self-made millionaire back in the 1800s.
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver – Kingsolver never disappoints. A missionary takes his family overseas to the village of Kilanga in the Belgian Congo. They live with a primitive tribe and must assimilate to the tribal ways. Told by his wife and four daughters, this novel will make you feel every emotion in their assimilation, their growth, and their downfalls.
- Long Walk Home by Nelson Mandela – Nelson Mandela is one of my heroes. This book tells his life story and leaves us with lessons to learn. The last chapter is chockablock of wisdom!
- I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai – I am so impressed with this young lady. If you don’t remember her, she is the young girl who was shot in the head by the Taliban. This book is her life story and recovery and the wisdom that she learned along the way.
Each of these books resonate with me, and I have become part of their adventures and lives. What books have your read this year? Do you have some favorites? Please post them and tell me about them. I’d love to hear from you.